|Select Your State (A-L)||Select Your State (M-Z)|
Addiction Treatment Approaches
The only way to fight back addiction is to utilize a blend of approaches and modalities delivered by substance abuse specialists. Treatment programs can differ depending on the addiction type, dependency severity, symptoms, and usage history. For this reason, rehab usually starts with the stage of assessment and medical evaluation to define the best recovery tools that meet specific patients’ needs. Then goes:
- Medical detox. Detoxification is the process of symptoms withdrawal and removing chemicals from your body. Sometimes, it helps to replace harmful substances with milder ones provided through medication-assisted treatment and other options.
- Inpatient services. Residential care is recognized as one of the most effective ways to get back to normal life. The term “residential” means that patients are supposed to stay in the facility 24/7 until the program is over. Each plan comes with daily intensive therapies, medication management, health monitoring, etc.
- Outpatient services. The program is similar to residential treatment although clients usually have more freedom to maintain work or daily routine, as they do not have to stay on the campus all the time. Most common outpatient modalities include IOP, day or evening treatment, PHP, etc.
- Education and Counseling. Trusted rehab centers provide full-spectrum assistance and offer participation in individual and group therapies, workshops, family programming, life skills training, aftercare, or alumni support.
A blend of medical services and modalities helps patients overcome major challenges and stumbling blocks faced by the majority of graduates during the first three months after rehab.
Factors To Consider When Choosing A Rehab Center
If you prefer selecting a treatment facility on your own, make sure you consider the following key factors:
- Reputation – look for real-life success stories and recommendations by previous graduates. Check various online listings with users’ ratings. Pay attention to how long a center is running as well as the track record with the number of patients recovered.
- Licenses and Accreditations – a rehab center must be licensed by state or national healthcare organizations and authorities. When browsing through the info on the official website, look for badges by CARF, the Joint Commission, NAATP, SAMHSA, and others.
- Amenities – as you might stay in a facility for a while, make sure you will feel comfortable there. Facilities should involve cozy rooms, daily chef-prepared meals, relaxation or gaming areas, a gym or a pool, and other options for in and outdoor activities.
- Insurance – not all patients can afford luxurious treatment. However, insurance makes it possible to cover up to 100% of treatment costs. Just check if the rehab center accepts your particular plan.
Substance abuse is a horrible disease that leads to devastating physical, mental, and behavioral consequences. However, together with professional and certified addiction specialists, everyone will have a chance to get back to normal life, achieve long-lasting sobriety, and reunite with people they love.